Robert Sandusky, DDS, MS has been in the profession for 53 years! He is a Doctor of Oral Surgery and has a lot to share. Curious to know how dentistry was in the 80s? Knowing what happened in dentistry before we started practicing was mind-blowing. In this video Dr. Sandusky shares his experience and advice to help our new grads be successful.
When we all are educated, everyone wins!
Dr. Sandusky graduated from Northwestern University Dental School and completed his formal education with a post-graduate degree from Marquette University Dental School. He has been an attending faculty member at Northwestern’s TMJ clinic and attending staff at Children’s Memorial Hospital.
He was instrumental in the early research and development of today’s popular Bonding materials, doing initial clinical trials of sealants, restorations, and veneers. This leads to teaching and lecturing about bonding. Dr. Bob is one of the founding members of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Here are some of the questions were covered during the interview:
- Where did you graduate from and how have you been involved in dentistry?
- Is there a moment you “screwed up”?
- What advice would you give to the new grads?
- What is an absolute “you must do this to succeed” from your experience?
- What is an absolute “please don’t do that” from your experience?
- Who is the most important in the dental office hierarchy? (INTERESTING)
What else did we discuss?
- Be proactive, why people skills are important!
- Before: When gloves and masks were not used in practice. They worked while being exposed to different chemicals.
- How they handled patients with contagious diseases, the precautions and the protocol they took.
- Why the decay rate back then was higher compared to the rate we have today.
- How to have no fear.
- What books we should start reading outside of dentistry!
- How to stay healthy and how to wake up every day like Christmas!
Tune in and listen to this amazing expert and human being!
I hope y’all are feeling the love and passion towards our profession. I wish this video encouraged you to keep going and to not give up!
Visit Dentaltoaster.com for top-quality CE Courses! You can get your CE Certificate Online in minutes!
Related Post: Kendra Flowers on Navigating Careers and Negotiating UP