You may have a million questions in your head as you are ready to take off (and say goodbye school!). I have been there and I can tell you from my experience that if you are not prepared, the real world can be TOUGH.
I call it the real world because school, was honestly NOT what you will see in a dental practice. At school, you learn the gold standards. And hopefully, you continue with the best practices you learned. However, there is so much more to learn.
Nod quietly if you asked yourself the following questions:
- How do get my license
- Do I need insurance before I apply for a job?
- How do I apply for a job and what do I put on my resume?
- I was told that new grads get taken advantage of, how do I prevent that?
- How do I speak professionally to my new employer, so he/she respects?
- How do I track my production so make sure that I get paid correctly and how ask for a raise down the road?
- Should start temping or should I apply for a full-time job?
- I heard that we will need CE credits. What are they and how do I get them?
- What if I want to do more – teach, volunteer, etc.?
If you can say “yes I had those questions and I still don’t have answers,” this webinar is for YOU!
No one has ever compiled a webinar series just for the new grads, ever!
We did a survey and hundreds of students wanted to find answers. So, we decided to make it an official webinar. What we are planning:
- Series of 5-7 webinars (online)
- Style: talk show (inspiration: Ellen show) combined with useful information
- Hosted by StudentRDH/DentalToaster CE online
- Experts in the fields will be invited to speak about the topic
- Resume building – Doug Perry
- Master your clinical schedule – Dr. Joy, RDH
- What if you want to do more and be an educator, volunteer, sales representative, etc.?- TBD
- How to start your CE journey – TBD
- Clinical challenges that will hit you as a new grad – TBD
- Special talk with real new grads, they advise – TBD
If you want to save a SPOT, fill out the pre-registration here. We may have limited seats, so reserve one TODAY. Just fill out this form and you will get updates!
Floss this, floss that, more floss, floss is everything… It seems like floss will save the world. That’s what we usually hear and believe. But there is so much more to interdental care than floss.
These messages are from Michelle Strange BSDH, RDH, international speaker and famous host of A Tale of Two Hygienists.
Then what else is above floss?
One of the options is interdental brush. That is not something we are used to if we are a new grad or worked with the habit of talking mainly about floss. The course Floss is NOT everything. Consider interdental brush and oral irrigation does NOT discount the usefulness of flossing.
But it show meta-analysis that can open our options to interdental care options that may be more beneficial than floss, such as the interdental brush.
Here is a short guideline on how you can BEST “Prescribe” the right shape/size interdental brush for your patients.
Hello fellow dental professional,
To share with you, we have thousands of users and subscribers at DentalToaster. Our main focus is to provide quality CE courses, that are consistent (like you would expect your toaster to grill you the perfect piece of bread), and fun.
And to add even more value, we would like to send some awesome newsletters to all of our subscribers. This is what I am currently thinking:
- There will be sections in the newsletters (NEW news, public health, wellness, HOT news, etc.)
- The way the newsletter is written will be more “personal” and fun, not like the articles in magazines.
- We can feature magazine articles from various sources too, to not be biased. The writer can add his/her own twist and interpretation.
- This will NOT be a research-based paper.
The goal? To be THE fun newsletter dental hygiene needs.
My inspiration for DentalToaster Newsletters comes from this famous newsletter called the HUSTLE. Their fantastic team digests business news and rewrite them in informative and extremely humorous manners. People like me learn and laugh at the same time. For this reason, they have millions of subscribers and have BIG silicon valley investors backing them up. Can we create something this exciting in dentistry? I hope so…
Think about it, what if dentistry news could be like that?
So what do we need?
- A writer who is deeply informed about the dental world and knows what’s up every month/week.
- OR writers who can occasionally write sections.
- An editor who can combine the sections and make a fun newsletter.
Our audience at DentalToaster is young. We have thousands (even more) of the new generation of RDHs and DMDs.
If you are interested in a position as 1) a writer or a section 2) an editor for the entire newsletter 3) writer for the entire newsletter,
How to apply? -????
- Send to ClaireJ@dentaltoaster.com a summary (3-10 sentences) or your favorite dental related article, product, TedTalk, etc. that happened within the past 30 days.
- Schedule a call with me here. We are hiring immediately.
- Send to ClaireJ@dentaltoaster.com your bio and any other material that can help us understand your skills.
- Leave us your email.
Have a wonderful week,
Claire MS, RDH (Founder of DentalToaster CE online)
We talked with Prof. Marlana Thomas, RDH, about her journey from being an RDH to being a full-time faculty member. Do not miss this interview!
I had the pleasure to interview Ms. Jennifer Hasch, BS, RDH. She generously shared her expertise in Public Health and Advocacy. Read on and watch the video! There’s a lot of information to learn!
Do you struggle to put your ideas into actions?
Do you have that feeling? That you need changes in your life?
Are you tired of meeting someone else’s (your boss, family, friend) expectations?
If so, you are NOT alone.
It is completely normal to feel stuck. It’s a good thing.
If you are looking for tips to create a striking and head-turning dental hygiene resume, then the search is OVER! Read on and learn a lot of tips and advice from Doug Perry.